Gaz started this on Facebook, I figured I’d play along since, well, I finished my last exam (with good results, thank you very much) and don’t know what to do with my time now.. Obviously, since this is not Facebook, I’m not tagging anyone.. I’m just doing it for the hell of it.. And, btw, if you know all of these (or even close) you know me too well..
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “NOTES” under tabs on your “PROFILE” page (you may have to add the tab by clicking on the + sign), click on “Compose New Message” and paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1) I am (on my father’s side) a second generation result of the marriage between two of the wealthiest families in my home town, still I don’t have a dime to my name.
2) I’ve talked more with my mother in the past month and a half than I have in the three odd years preceding those.
3) I wholeheartedly believe “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen to be the most beautiful song ever written. My favorite version is the 1984 original studio, and no, I don’t think Buckley did a better job.
4) I own a Greyhound ticket to Vegas signed by Michael Jackson, the King of Pop.
5) I once kicked Ben Affleck in the shin.
6) I have been dragged backstage by a girl at a rock show! \m/
7) The few fobia that I do suffer from include fear of needles and of dentists.
8) I’ve had several paranormal experiences in my life, it has made me curious and somewhat of a skeptical believer.
9) I’m a pretty good cook. I’ve received praise from trained chefs and been encouraged to become a chef myself, yet my main joy from cooking comes from offering my friends a healthy and hearty, home-cooked meal.
10) I’m generally (and morbidly) fascinated with the darker aspects of the human mind. People like Josef Mengele, John Wayne Gacy and Ted Bundy fascinate me, even if I’m appalled by their actions.
11) I have a very strong interest in quality spirits and wine. I own 20+ bottles of sprits and keep a steady stock of quality wine. I consider them collector’s items. Some are included amongst the priciest objects I own, others are priceless.
12) When we were burglarized a few weeks ago, my first thought was “Oh fuck! I hope they didn’t take my AC/DC ticket!”
13) I don’t eat deep fried food, partly because I think it’s disgusting, partly because it makes me sick.
14) I also generally don’t eat cakes, ice cream, desserts. I will eat chocolate but usually only as an ingredient in savory dishes. When I do touch such things, people look at me strangely.
15) I have a pretty, bright pink flower clad toy horse living in my hallway. A garden gnome used to live there, too, but he got smashed during an Xmas party.. No one but me really miss him.
16) I seriously am planning to watch both “Pretty Woman” and “The Sound of Music” sometime in the near future. This has to do with them being included on a “must see movies” list rather than my sexuality.
17) Speaking of sexuality; wherever I go, people often seem to think I’m gay. This was particularly bad in the states.
18) I started growing my hair out two and a half years ago as part bet, part rebellion. Now I can hardly imagine myself with short hair, neither can several people I’ve gotten to know over the past few years.
19) When I (hopefully) earn my Master’s degree this summer, I’ll have spent 20 of my 28 years on this planet going to school.
20) Two yeas ago, I turned down a headhunting offer from the LEGO company on account of wanting to finish my Master’s. Thought I don’t generally believe in regrets, it still bothers me to this day.
21) I have a serious addiction to Capsaicin, the active irritant in chili peppers, I grow three varieties myself, and keep a stock of three dried varieties as well + hot sauces.. And I’m looking to buy more plants come spring.
22) I’m having a hard time buying onto the Obamania. I fear whatever he does, he’s gonna fail to live up to the expectations held by people around the world.. I wish him luck, though.
23) I own a plot of land on the Scottish island of Islay.
24) My absolute favorite act in the world is Swedish progressive death metal band, Opeth. I like music that requires effort to listen to and theirs is just breath-taking.
25) This damn thing took me a hell of a lot longer to complete than I’d ever expected.