For whatever reason, my post “25 completely random facts about me” is the most popular post I’ve ever posted which did not have the words “Metallica” in the title. I’m guessing people love reading random facts about others, so since I was bored earlier today, I decided to post a follow up, so here’s another 25 completely random facts in the series.. Enjoy facts 26-50:
26. Improper use of apostrophes drives me completely up the wall. Pretty strange behavior for someone who spends most of his time communicating informally through a blog and has accepted coz as a valid substitute for “because”.
27. I couldn’t iron a shirt to save my life. I depend strongly on the women in my life to get me through the more important days in life.
28. I think that Whitesnakes “Here I Go Again” is an OK song. And by okay, I mean I secretly think it’s awesome but am afraid to admit it in public.
29. Unlike most boys, I hate the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. I haven’t always hated the concept, my hate came about after a childhood friend put a hole in my head with a broomstick in a weak moment of thinking that he was Donatello.
30. Not long after the incident above, I was headbutted by a cow at my grandfather’s farm. I smoothened out my mug which staid somewhat even until I was run over some ten years later.. I’ve hit my head so many times I’m surprised it’s still working.
31. I firmly believe that I’m the only Danish-born rocker of my age who dislike both Dizzy Mizz Lizzy and Kashmir, the two biggest Danish rock bands of the 90’s.
32. I make fun of Tina for having 25 pairs of shoes. Yet I think it’s perfectly reasonable that I own 16 bottles of rum, 10 bottles of Whisky and five bottles of Cognac.. At least Tina gets to wear her fetish.
33. Of all religious zealots I dislike the atheists the most. It relies heavily on their condescending manner, I guess. For instance, I think that Bill Maher is one of the biggest pricks alive.. Let people believe whatever the fuck they want, we all need to find our comfort somewhere.
34. Bourbon makes me sick. Not through over-consumption, rather just in general.
35. Whenever Tina bends her head and body forwards to detangle her long blonde hair, then forcefully throws her head and hair back to send it flying back in place, I’m reminded about Sebastian Bach from Skid Row who used to do the same thing on stage. It’s a highly annoying predicament because I don’t want to look at a pretty young girl and be reminded of an aging, chubby male alcoholic. My mind generally makes some pretty weird associations.
36. This spring I decided that if my Ghost Chili bears fruit this year, I’ll cook up an experimental batch of chili con carne using Jalapeños, Habaneros and Ghost Chilies in the spice mix. This may not be the best idea I’ve ever had.
37. I honestly think I could be perfectly happy without a TV. I used to watch it about an hour a week, now I’ll turn it on and usually after about five minutes turn it off, feeling slightly stupider than I did before turning it on.
38. On the other hand, I’ve rekindled my love for reading. I’ve discovered I can read a 400 page book in less than a day if it’s interesting enough.
39. Five years ago, my greatest music interest was Scandinavian death metal, now it seems to be classic rock. Not sure whether that means I’m getting older, or cooler.
40. I’ve been burned so many times on my hands that I’ve lost a substantial amount of feeling in my fingertips. It freaks people out.
41. Though absolutely no scientific evidence exists, I believe firmly in the Five Second Rule. If bacon is involved, I’ll make it a ten second rule if need be.
42. I’ve earned a university degree in English without ever owning a Danish – English dictionary. I believe that such dictionaries lead to more mistakes than proper solutions.
43. The above is a bit of a half-truth, I own a Danish – English Economic dictionary which was given to me personally by my English professor. I accepted the gift and treasured it because I respected (and continue to respect) the man more than anyone I’ve ever learned from. I’ve never opened the book, however.
44. People get freaked out and confused when I don’t have the answers to the random questions they ask me.
45. I sometimes wish I’d been born a year earlier, for the simple reason that I could then say I’d been alive at the time of the original lineup of Led Zeppelin.. I’m not kidding.
46. There are very few things in life that I actually hate, notable examples include Fred Durst, Axl Rose and snow.
47. Some time ago, after a few beers, I told Tina that termites chomp wood two times faster when listening to heavy metal. I apparently said it so convincingly that she believed me. When she discovered the truth much later, she was quite upset with me for making the whole thing up.
48. At the age of three, I duped my grandparents into thinking I was a bit of a prodigy by reading one of my kid’s books aloud for them. I wasn’t, it just happened to be my favorite book and I’d made my dad read it for me so many times that I knew it by heart.
49. Agnostic as I am, I sometimes find myself wishing there’s such a thing as Heaven and Hell. And that there’s a special place in Heaven for people like Ronnie James Dio, and a special place in Hell for people like the dishonorable “Reverend” Fred Phelps.
50. When it comes to movies, I have a strange preference for the ones that I just plain don’t get the first time around. Some of my favorites of all time include Donnie Darko and Mulholland Drive.I like a challenge, I guess.