I would tell you that I firmly believe that little blondes should be in their beds by 3 AM, and not roaming around the internet bombarding unsuspecting, innocent, hard-working, unemployed IT professionals’ Facebook profiles with videos of the “Johnny Rotten Disco Extravaganza” .. But that’s just my opinion!
WHA? Oh, right.. Establishing a context..
Okay, yeah, so.. A few weeks ago, as the observant reader might remember, I attended a concert with this cute little rock chick named Pernille. One of the songs played by the band was a cover of ex-Sex Pistols front man John Lydon’s “This Is Not A Love Song” from his PIL days.. It’s all on the blog somewhere, along with the footnote that the pretty little thing next to me noted that the original was the worst song ever recorded, and that I was willing to take her word for it.
Well, apparently said pretty little thing read my account of the evening and took my “I’ll take your word for it” to mean “I don’t believe a word you’re saying!” (try as I might, and I have tried for nearly 15 years now, I’ve never entirely gotten a hang of blonde logic) – So I woke up this morning to a post on my Facebook page from the lovely Pernille reading something along the lines of “Don’t believe me, eh? Well, see for yourself, it really is the worst song ever!” along with an embedded video to the song:
Now, let’s get a few things out in the open once and for all:
- When I say I’ll take your word for it, it generally means I believe you because I consider you an authority on the subject.
- Having watched the video, I’m inclined to agree. This IS the worst song ever recorded.
- I still firmly believe that little blondes should be well in bed by 3 AM, not digging up such musical monstrosities.
- Since waking up this morning and playing the song, my day has been pure hell as it’s been stuck in my head ever since.. Tak for lort, Pernille!
- My main reason for posting this is really only to make matters worse by getting this song stuck in as many heads as possible so that I will not be suffering alone.
- Talent wise, things have really gone downhill fast for John Lydon since his Johnny Rotten days in the Sex Pistols.. And there wasn’t even much talent to take from in those days.
- Furthermore, I think Carthage must be destroyed.
In short, next time just assume I believe you, Pernille, unless I firmly state otherwise.. No need to torture a poor soul like that.. And as for the rest of you, enjoy this fine little piece of obscurity from a punk gone disco..